Monday 27 February 2012

Made in The Now



Last night I did something that was both fun and a little bit frigthening: I designed a T-shirt for Made In the Now.

Made in the Now get's an artist a day to design a T-shirts based on the new stories of the day. The shirt then goes on sale for 24h and then it's time for the next days design! My story was about 72 year old Chandra Bahadur Dangi who with his 54.6cm is the shortes man in the world. You can read the full story here.

It was a both fun and stressful experience. And it was great practice for a pretty fresh illustrator such as myself, having to work with a very tight timeframe: from initial idea to fisihed, uploaded design in 5 hours. And it's Australian time too, so it was in the middle of the night for me! The whole Made in the Now team has been lovely to work with, I had Helen on standy on Skype to help me through the whole process. When I fiished at 4am I was to high on sugar, caffein and adrenaline to fall asleep for another hour. I'd love to give it another go at some point. For next time I'll make sure to look at the right month in the cvalendar (unlike this time) and book a day when I don't have to go to work the morning after!

No comments: